Rhinoplasty Before and After Instructions
We would like to inform you by summarizing some information, which may be useful for our patients
in the pre-operative and post-operative periods of Rhinoplasty.
Pre-Operative Period of Rhinoplasty
- The guests preferring our clinic in the pre-operative period are primarily examined by Dr Ercan Demiray with the high technology 3D Vectra Technology. With this three dimensional imaging system, your operation day is determined as you agree with the doctor by creating three dimensional post-operative virtual appearance.
- The usage of blood thinners such as aspirin, herbal tea and vitamins should be stopped 10 days before the operation due to blood thinning effects.(Rhinoplasty Before- After)
- If you have respiratory tract disorders such as common cold, flu in the pre-operative period, definitely inform your doctor about the issue, it is important in terms of anesthesia.
- Necessary blood analyses and anesthesia examinations will be performed in the pre-operative period of Rhinoplasty. In case the results are positive, then it means you are ready for the operation.
- You should choose clothes such as button-up cardigan or shirt when you are coming for operation on the operation day. They will enable you to feel comfortable in the post-operative period.
- You should be hungry and thirsty in the manner that you are fasting for the period determined by your doctor in the pre-operative period.
- You shouldn’t apply make-up, use products such as nail polish and hair gel in the pre-operative period. If you have previously undergone Rhinoplasty operation by another surgeon, you should certainly inform about the time of it. Secondary Rhinoplasty may solely be performed after 1 year.
Post-operative Period of Rhinoplasty
Generally 1 night of hospitalization is required in the post-operative period of Rhinoplasty. It is preferred that your hospital attendant accompanies you but it is not a must. There is nurse service for 24-hours.
Bruises and swellings may occur depending on the skin structure of the person in the post- operative period. However, they will completely disappear within 1 week to 10 days approximately.
There will be splint-plaster on your nose in the post-operative period. You surgeon may use buffer according to your status though not for each case. You will be called for control on the 7th day of the post-operative period in order to remove the plaster and the buffer.
Swellings may occur on your face in the post-operative period of Rhinoplasty. The swellings will decrease within 1 week to 10 days approximately. Decrease of the swellings on the nose will completely get better at the end of 6 months and even 1 year. 1 year period is required in order that the nose becomes normal in the post-operative period of Rhinoplasty. Only the doctor or people, who know that you have undergone operation, will be aware of the swellings on the nose. The process of the nose structure to become normal will not be noticed by others.
You will be supplied with ice bags in order to apply ice after the operation. Ice applying is performed for some time and formation of bruises is minimized.
The fact that you lie down with high pillow and preferably 2 pillows will contribute to the decrease of the swellings in the post-operative period.
You shouldn’t wear sunglasses or prescription glasses for 2 months in terms there is no pressure on the nose in the post-operative period. The nose area should be protected against the strikes. You may start using contact lenses 3 days later
You should be protected from the sun and solarium rays for the period considered appropriate by your doctor. Especially solarium should not be applied for 6-8 years.
There may be incrustation in the nose in the post-operative period. This incrustation should not be cleaned for some time. You can clean them with ear sticks by very mild touches in the period considered appropriate by your doctor.
Your doctor may recommend you ocean water or sea water in the post-operative period. You can use them in the dosage and at the time considered appropriate by your surgeon.
If you want to get more information about the Rhinoplasty Before and After Instructions, please contact with email@example.com or 0090-(530)-(2437984)